For a very detailed list of frequently asked questions about the Governor’s ‘Safer at Home’ order please visit this website
Safer at Home FAQs
It contains links to other state agencies, such as WEDA and DHS for more information on what is considered an essential business, as well as childcare issues.
Stay Safer at Home!
Kurt M. Kostuch
VILLAGE OF CRIVITZ, MARINETTE COUNTY, WI
PROCLAMATION DECLARING A STATE OF EMERGENCY
WHEREAS, the World Health Organization, the United States Department of Health and Human Services and the Governor of the State of Wisconsin have declared a public health emergency due to the spread of the virus COVID-19; and
WHEREAS, the Village of Crivitz must prepare for potential spread of the COVID-19 virus and avail itself of all resources needed to respond to and contain the present and imminent threat of disaster that may impact critical systems.
THEREFORE IT IS HEREBY PROCLAIMED, that pursuant to Wis. Statute sec. 323.11 and 323.14(4)(b), in order to protect the public peace, health and safety, preserve lives and property, economic stability, and insure cooperation and coordination, a Declaration of Local State of Emergency is hereby imposed for sixty (60) days, subject to revocation or extension authorized by the Village of Crivitz.
FURTHER, that it is necessary and expedient for the perpetuation of essential services provided by the Village of Crivitz to temporarily declare, suspend or modify applicable Village ordinances, resolutions or policies in order to meet the needs of the extraordinary conditions caused by the public health emergency as follows:
- Chain of Command & Succession. The following shall be the chain of command and succession for all matters to be considered, decided or deliberated upon by the Village Board as authorized by statute, local ordinance and as directed in this proclamation. The power and authority conferred upon the Village President by law shall pass to the successor, and to the next successor, etc., upon the Village President’s absence or inability to carry out his/her duties:
Public Safety Chair
Public Works/Utilities Committee Chair
Parks & Recreation Chair
- Emergency Response Director: The Village President, or his/her successor, shall act as emergency response director for the Village of Crivitz during the period of this emergency, acting in coordination with the Village Fire and Police Chiefs, when applicable and subject to the chain of command for those departments. The Village President shall also act as the Public Information Officer during this emergency. All public statements on behalf of the Village from all departments must be approved through his/her office prior to distribution.
- Meetings & Gatherings of Village Staff & Officials: All in-person meetings and gatherings involving Village employees, staff and/or elected officials are suspended for the duration of this emergency with the following exceptions that may require such meetings and gatherings:
Fire Department: Fire calls and essential operations
Police Department: Law enforcement calls and essential operations
Utility & Public Works Department: Essential maintenance and emergency response to system alarms.
Administration: Statutory duties not waived by the state and emergency response. All other duties on work from home basis, where possible.
Elected officials: Meetings will be conducted remotely, with access granted to the public to the full extent practicable.
Meetings or gatherings held under exceptions are directed to maintain social distancing and other directives or recommendations of the federal and state departments of health whenever possible.
- Business Travel: All Village of Crivitz business travel is suspended for the duration of this emergency. Exceptions may be granted by the Village President in the case of travel related to the emergency.
- Village Facilities: All Village Buildings shall be closed to the public, except for statutorily required functions. To the extent possible, all operations shall be made available on-line and/or available for external drop off. Exceptions for special circumstances may be granted.
- Village Resources: To the extent possible, the full allocation of Village resources shall be available to ensure the continuation of core Village services in the midst of the pandemic.
- President Authorized to Make Emergency Expenditures: The Village President is authorized to make emergency expenditures to procure equipment and supplies needed to facilitate directives contained in this proclamation and for reasonable and prudent emergency response.
- President Authorized to Enact Temporary Personnel Polices. The Village President is authorized to enact temporary personnel policies regarding quarantine, sick leave and any other issues that are directly related to the public health emergency and are consistent with federal and state guidelines and directives during this state of emergency.
- President Authorized to Enact Temporary Rules and Ordinances. The Village President is authorized to enact temporary rules or ordinances, subject to fine where appropriate, that are directly related to the public health emergency and are consistent with federal and state guidelines and directives during this state of emergency.
- Violation of Law Relating to Health. Section 8-1-8 of the Village of Crivitz Code of Ordinances is hereby created to read: Violation of law relating to Health. No person or entity shall willfully violate or obstruct the execution of any of the following relating to the public health: federal statute, state statute, emergency order or emergency rule issued by the federal government, by the State of Wisconsin, by Marinette County, Wisconsin, and by the Village of Crivitz, Wisconsin. Each day of a continuing violation shall be considered a separate offense. The penalty for a violation of this ordinance is a forfeiture of $250.00 plus all court costs.
The Village Board of the Village of Crivitz shall be notified by the filing of this written declaration with the Village Clerk as soon as practicable and without delay and the Village Clerk shall present the written declaration to the Village Board for ratification at its first meeting following such declaration.
As Chief Elected Official of the Village of Crivitz in testimony where of I, Village President Kurt M. Kostuch, hereunto set my hand and have caused the great seal of the Village of Crivitz to be affixed.
THIS DECLARATION OF A STATE OF EMERGENCY is enacted this 25th day of March, 2020.
Kurt M. Kostuch
Gov. Evers has issued a ‘Safer at Home’ order that prohibits all nonessential travel, with some exceptions as clarified and defined in the order. A link to the actual executive order is attached to this post. The order is effective at 8:00 am on Wednesday, March 25, and will remain in effect until 8:00am on Friday, April 24, 2020, or until a superseding order is issued.
Under this order, Wisconsin residents are able to:
• Perform tasks essential to maintain health and safety, such as obtaining medicine or seeing a doctor;
• Get necessary services or supplies for themselves or their family or household members, such as getting food and supplies, pet food and supplies necessary for staying at home;
• Care for a family member in another household; and
• Care for older adults, minors, dependents, people with disabilities or other vulnerable persons.
The public should follow simple steps to prevent illness and avoid exposure to this virus including:
• Avoid social gatherings with people of all ages (including playdates and sleepovers, parties, large family dinners, visitors in your home, non-essential workers in your house);
• Frequent and thorough hand washing with soap and water;
• Covering coughs and sneezes;
• Avoiding touching your face; and
• Staying home.
The order contains detailed information regarding the exemptions provided to certain businesses. If a business is unsure about whether or not they are exempted from this order, please contact the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation.
This is a rapidly evolving situation and we encourage you and the public to frequently monitor the DHS website for updates, and to follow @DHSWI on Facebook and Twitter, or dhs.wi on Instagram. Additional information can be found on the CDC website.
With the safety and health of our residents and staff prominently in mind during the public health emergency caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, and realizing the justified fear and worry prevalent in the minds of all, the following steps have been taken in an effort to maintain the level of essential employees and public services the Village of Crivitz provides. At this point in time these steps are effective until April 6, 2020.
All Village owned buildings are closed to the public.
The Clerk’s office will be open only for in-person absentee voting from 9A-1P Mon-Fri.
You are urged to vote absentee online at https://myvote.wi.gov – click on “My Voter Info”.
Utility payments may be made by mail or online at https://www.govpaynow.com/
All employees have been instructed to minimize or eliminate physical contact with co-employees and the general public whenever possible.
We are confident that, although they may cause some inconvenience, the steps we have taken are in the best interest of our residents. We will continue to monitor the situation and will make decisions and share information as it becomes available.
We encourage all residents to stay calm, avoid social gatherings and monitor the news, as well as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention https://www.cdc.gov/ and WI Department of Health Services https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/ for up to date information on this public health emergency. Please be aware and understand that any directives issued by Marinette County, the State of Wisconsin or the Federal Government also apply to, and will be supported by the Village of Crivitz.
Please remember to frequently check on those most vulnerable in this and any other emergency, including the elderly, disabled and those not able to care for themselves. Help them in any way that you are able. It is only by working together that we can meet this challenge.
Please contact the Clerk’s office at 715-854-2030 or at firstname.lastname@example.org if you should have any questions.
Kurt M. Kostuch
Notice is hereby given that the Village of Crivitz is seeking individuals to serve as election poll workers for the two-year term beginning January 1, 2020, and ending December 31, 2021. Poll workers must be at least 18 years of age, eligible to vote and must reside in the County of Marinette. Training will be provided following appointment to the position. If you meet these qualifications and wish to serve as a poll worker please forward a letter of interest by mail or e-mail to the Crivitz Village Clerk, P.O. Box 727, Crivitz, WI, 54114 or email@example.com . Letters must be received no later than December 9th, 2019. For further information please call the clerk’s office at (715)854-2030 or visit the office in person.
Marilyn L. Padgett