Parks • Marinette County
Crivitz was surveyed and plotted in the summer of 1883. This work was filed with the Register of Deeds in Marinette County on 10 September 1883 by German immigrant Frederick John Bartels, who named the settlement after his home town of Crivitz, Germany. Crivitz offers many fun and exciting things to do year-round, including ATV Riding, Biking, Bird Watching, Boating, Canoeing, Cross-Country Skiing, Downhill Skiing, Fishing, Fly Fishing, Geocaching, Golfing, Guide Services, Hiking, Horseback Riding, Hunting, Kayaking, MotoCross, Mudding, Paintball, Quad Racing, Rock Climbing, Snowmobiling, Tubing, Vacation Properties, Vacation Rentals, Wakeboarding, Waterskiing, Whitewater Rafting, meeting new life-long friends or spending time with family!
Snowmobile Route Map & Regulations
- Snowmobile Route Map: 8-1/2″ x 11″ sized map
- Snowmobile Regulations: Local Ordinance Title 10 Chapter 23
Crivitz Community Veteran’s Park
- Location: Louisa Street between Henriette & Hall Avenue
- Features: Littleland Park Playground, Memorial Tank, Ball Diamond, Outdoor Pavilion, large grassy areas.
- Amenities: Outdoor Pavilion (for public use-no fee) Indoor Pavilion (available by reservation), Picnic Tables, Grills, Restroom Building, Ice Cream, Food, & Gift Shop merchants within walking distance.
John Shaffer Pavilion Reservations
The outdoor ‘John Shaffer Pavilion’ is available on a first come first served bases unless reservations are made in advance at the Crivitz Village Hall or by calling (715)854-2030. There is no charge for reservations or for any use of the building. Reservations must be made no later than the last Wednesday of the month prior to the month of the event date. Upcoming reservations are shown on an announcement board at the pavilion.
Please respect these reservations and the building by using the garbage receptacles and picking up any animal waste after building use and reporting any abuses or damage to the Village of Crivitz at (715) 854-2030. Thank you!
John Shaffer Pavilion Rental
Indoor Pavilion Reservations
The indoor pavilion, located in the lower level of large white building at the park, is available by reservation only. This pavilion contains restrooms, electricity, picnic tables and direct access to the parking lot, park and playground. Reservations may be made at any time in advance at the Crivitz Village Hall. The fee for use of this building is $100, with a $75 refund if the building is left in satisfactory condition. Again, please respect this building by using the garbage receptacles and picking up any animal waste after building use and reporting any abuses or damage to the Village of Crivitz at (715)854-2030. Thank you!
Many events are held in the park each year. Events are also posted on a monthly basis at the John Shaffer Pavilion.
To view a calendar of events for the entire area, including the park, visit:
Master Plan for Crivitz Community Veteran’s Park
In 2017 the Village of Crivitz contracted with Vandewalle & Associates, Inc., to prepare a master plan for Crivitz Community Veteran’s Park. The plan was developed with input from the public through a survey and public hearing, as well as several open meetings of the Village Parks & Recreation Committee. The plan is to serve as a guide for future improvements and suggests the addition of components, such as a pavilion addition, event deck, splash pad, bandstand or stage, Veteran’s Memorial addition, paved and lit walkways. The plan contains a site layout, graphics and conceptual drawings that may be used to raise funds for specific projects, if desired. For more information regarding the plan please contact the Clerk’s office at 715-854-2030.
- Location: Northwest corner of USH 141 & CTH A/W
- Features: Waterfall constructed in 2009 by Loyal Landscaping – a great place to take photos!
- Amenities: Reader board sign displaying upcoming area events.
Don Brooks Park
- Location: Main Avenue just west of Peshtigo River
- Features: New Playground Equipment, Peshtigo River Access (for non-motorized watersports, fishing and swimming), Nature Trail along Peshtigo River.
- Amenities: Playground, Picnic Tables, Grills, Picnic Shelters, Portable Toilet.
- New playground equipment installed in 2007
- New park sign in 2007 courtesy of Crivitz Lion’s Club
New Don Brooks Peshtigo River Trail Project Completed!
Local Girl Scouts Katie Deschane and Abby Fischer completed construction of a trail along the Peshtigo River in Don Brooks Park in September of 2007. With the help of their parents and other adults, the girls cleared the trail to about a 6 foot width, and placed landscape screen and gravel the entire length. They also built and placed several benches along the trail. This is a beautiful trail that can now be used by everyone for fishing, hiking, or just enjoying the beautiful scenery along the river. Please take a look at the photos below and then visit the park!
Crivitz Rescue members Barb Tobison, Denise Busse & Missy Wichman
enjoy the new benches on a much deserved break!